Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Destruction, Ruins,... Porn?

I apologize for not posting for awhile. I didn't realize I hadn't posted my ideas up yet until looking on my blog today. Please forgive me, it's been overly hectic in my life and I wish certain people would just let me rest. But this isn't about my life condition but Ruin Porn.

Ruin porn is pictures taken of "garbage", falling down buildings, and just disintegrating things.

The pictures are stimulating to the eyes but according to people nothing more than lazy journalism and just pleasing to see. In my opinion Ruin Porn could serve a deeper purpose if the journalist worked with it instead of letting it do all the work. There are important issues that Ruin Porn can address like our economy.

Feel free to leave your ideas!

I'll be posting very soon. I have some pictures to share.
take care =)

1 comment:

  1. This is a good point - It's not about abandoning the practice at looking at details of destruction (whether economic, war, natural disaster, etc) in an immersive way, but rather providing meaningful context that furthers a productive narrative.

    ReplyDelete