Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Photojournalism-1st Day

It's been a week since my first day of Photojournalism.

Not to say I'm lazy, but rather thinking of what to say, for there is so much to think upon in that first day. In the moment when you realize what's happening in that class, is this where you want to be, and more importantly, just where is this?

Of course we covered the typical first day of class syllabus. Almost always boring and yet it is those pieces of paper that bring together the action that will soon be coming. It's funny how the mind can wonder into the future and spring ideas of what to do, but will we ever do them?

I have so many ideas bouncing about that I do not know where to begin, but only it will begin and there is plenty to be done.

We watched a documentary called W. Eugene Smith: Photography Made Difficult. I admit it was hard to keep from crying. The amount of emotions in the film is phenomenal, but it is the story that captivates. Here was a documentary about a man, who was most likely insane, but still he made a difference, he brought truth to people, and it saved lives. During the film I felt inspired and started thinking about all the misunderstandings and all the mistakes made in the world today. We don't view the other side, we don't see the facts, the cold hard truth, that there are others out there in pain, that are just like us, who we could save.

For years now we've been at war, looking out for ourselves, and some would say for others. What if there was someone brave enough to go out there and show the world the effects, the dead bodies, the torn apart families, how places have become demolished, what if someone could change that. I hope I can some how make a difference in the world. I hope that maybe some day I can show the world more than one view, and everyone could be more understanding.

Just think, someone has done it before. All it takes is courage, patience, and to him, a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment